Monday, March 20, 2006

A little about ants.

I saw an ant in the toilet one day. He was a cute, friendly brown ant. You know, the kind with big eyes and a huge smile? Yup. That's him. So he was just running along (all ants run along don't you know?) on the brown sand-washed toilet tiles with a few other antsy friends when I saw him pause a moment.

Guess what he was carrying.

Arh. It was a dead ant. Poor ant. I went off my throne and gave his friend a few seconds of silence. Then I went back on. The throne. Yeah. Poor filial ant. I should have squashed him.

Two seconds later I spotted a few sneaky crawlers. The black ants of the kitchen prairie's pride. They came crawling over the Higher Tiles, obviously alluding to some kind of grand rank. GRAH. They went off. I had an instinct to squash them. But I didn't. They went off.

Aha. Then what did I do? I gave a royal flush, took off the suit, and turned on the shower. After awhile I realised that there were ants in the presence of the Lower Toilet Tiles. I guessed they died. Just. Died. Like that. The tsunami washed them away and all.

Were they thinking, Where's God? My friend just died and now you send a huge tidal wave that came from the Greater Walls which washed us ALL away? Are you really THERE AT ALL?

Nah they weren't thinking that. I love ants because they are in tune with God's higher purpose and they live well, work hard, and love defi-antly no matter what circumstances, and they don't hijack their own happiness.

Dear Ants, I wished I can hug you all but you are too small and I don't want to squash you. Reub Out and God bless.

Yeah.

No comments: