Friday, March 24, 2006

After this I shall do my homework. Quite obviously so. I hope.

The Transcendence of Another Sort of Matter (2006)
By me, Wooben.

I have an ambitious dream which I dare not believe in my awakening hours
for There is a sort of lingering beauty wherever you seemed to walk
I could if I wanted and fear-ed not, choose a few springfresh autumn flowers
for you and There is a sort of unspeakable beauty in your sweetbitter talk

I am perhaps smitten and bitten and shooken in so farce a state
That my mind is a little frostbitten and unable to state
How and why and all the little reasons
I have to simply want to give you flowers in all the seasons

Love is a rather illogical fallacy
It is the exact definition of non-sequitur
And it is often rambled about in poems
Written by all sorts

But in the end
It is just a simple thing
That was once disguised in
Rhyme, and time and makeup and
Acting and superficialities
But is now a rather simple
Liberating, fresh and
Really wonderful
Divine thing
called
Love.

No comments: