Friday, March 17, 2006
For the sake of autobiography?
Hello. On a certain Saturday the 13th, sometime near the afternoon's calming sun, I was born. It was a wonderful time to shed my first tears, knowing that the sun will dry them all up in time to come. I believe though, that my first cry was a very cute one. I really do. I live in Singapore, a little island which in its entirety, seems to be a very large place compressed quickly into a small little isle. How else do you explain the cultural differences? We see much diversity in the land upon which I live in, as many different races living together will inevitably lead to different kinds of food, lifestyles, and upbringing, which in the end will merge back into one whole Singaporean identity. My family is very blessed to have me. Or rather, I am very blessed to have my family. I have a mother, a father, and a brother, all of whom are still alive, full of loving-kindness and accepting enough to entertain a rather rebellious and system-challenging child.My name is Reuben. There it is, the first time I mention my name on this blog. I go to a wonderful school with a staff of almost equally wonderful teachers who teach classes of wholly interesting students. A pity though, that there are no females of my age in this school. I have won a few awards, mostly due to my hesitant nature which takes me far away from award yielding competitions. The reason why I have a couple of lonely trophies on my shelf is because I am in a CCA which has annual tournaments. For some reason or another, I was selected into Softball when I clearly placed it as my eighth choice for CCA selection. They either hated me or loved my physical skills a little too much. For the sake of dramatic effect, I am convinced it is both.Right now I can say that I am happy, because I was once sad. Inevitably, happiness will come to a sad man. I cannot be certain if I am a happy person or a sad person for both is needed to make a person. For good reason, let it be said that I am a happy man. I have few friends, but many acquaintances. If you ever see me out of my home, I would either be conserving energy or expending it on you. That is, if you prove to be a worthy and interesting investment of my relational energy. I have never had a girlfriend and do not plan to have one in the near future. There is though, a wish to share my life with another being of the opposite sex. In my brief years of communication with a few females, I have realised that I do want a female; a loving one, no not the bull-headed logical one, just one who loves me. A little emotional flaring is fine, I do find for a fact females with unstable balance of emotions and logic interesting.I do not plan to look into the future. If I ever marry, I would want my wife to be one who looks into the future for me, one who loves me for who I am, one who is smart enough to understand me, one who is kind enough (and intelligent as well) to laugh at my humour, and one who makes me feel needed by her even though I may not be. And yes, we will have many kids of course, unless we find it a burden in the future.In conclusion, I hope to be remembered even though I may never be. But it does not really matter, for even the words of wise men who are remembered will be perverted in the flux of mankind's foolishness. I am Reuben, and yes I have exceeded the word limit. Goodbye for now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment