Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Ed Pousson's message.

I missed this message when I was at the House of Joy. But my church uploaded it on their website, cplink.org.sg .

What I've learned is that I can have both divine favour and human favour. But God always comes first when its either divine favour or human favour. Bringing God with me wherever I go - being the salt and light, being not just a Christian, but a disciple - is the way to go. I don't have to sacrifice my social life just to make God happy, but if investments into my social life runs against God's laws, its best I don't go into it. God always comes first.

Another thing I've learned was that Jesus lived an integrated life. There was no such thing as "Hey, I'm blogging now, God is probably not here." or "Aye, I'm washing the toilet now, God is probably somewhere out there while I'm scrubbing the floor and getting wet and icky." God is everywhere I go. One thing that Ed Pousson said which struck me was this "When you write your paper, write it as if Jesus were going to read it." Wow. Next year when I'm back in school, as I'm writing my essays, I'll write it as if God Himself were going to read it. I don't have to push myself so hard, nor will I be unmotivated thinking that it's just another examiner with whom I have no personal relationship with reading it - God Himself reads it as I think it, even before it reaches the paper. And yeah, as I blog this, God reads it. Wow. That's how much God loves me.

It's so easy, I guess, to forget Him. Even when I'm doing my devotion, and I'm writing stuff down, I forget that He's there reading it. I keep thinking "Hmm, what am I going to write next." "Should I phrase this thing this way?" "I think this word sounds horrible, let's find another. " "Darn I really suck at this." Well. What happens is that God is with me, reading my mind. Does it really matter, thinking so hard about what to write? I think that since He reads my mind, I'm free-er to write what flows through. He sees it either way.

But yeah, granted, the stuff I write during my devotion are also for me, so I've got to write it in a way that I'll understand and appreciate the next time I re-read it.

Time for lunch. Bai.

No comments: