Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Construction in progress - sorry for the inconvenience caused

One day as I was about the take the elevator up to the 6th story, I noticed the familiar construction sign posted on the fence: "(Insert title of this blog post)" And for some reason or another it spoke to me about my own life. There's a lot of construction going on, especially after all the pulling down that happened about 3 months ago. No wonder I'm not the best that I could be. There are many days when I just get too overwhelmed by my weaknesses, and motivation just gets sapped out of me. I don't achieve much on these days, but I do spend time talking to my dad who counsels me out of it. Sometimes I just have to remember that construction is a process. It takes time for a pile of raw material to become an edifice, and if you would like to build a big and important one, it may take lots of time. In my life, there are many things that I'm working on, and I progress very slowly. Some of the things that I've started have deflated halfway, and I'm not proud of that. But there are other things that are slowly building up, filling up the horizon with something to look at, though they aren't complete nor will they be complete in the new future. It's easy for me to look at others around me and get very discouraged - after all they are so far ahead with their lives, and I'm trailing far behind. But this race that I'm running is not against the people around me. I'm just running this race against myself - God did not ask me to compete with other saints. But he did say that if I complete it he'll give me a crown, and I'm up for it.

No comments: